TERMS OF ADOPTION
At ARCBCR, it’s always all about the dogs. That means it’s really all about you, your family, and your new dog, making certain that both you as the new owner/s and dog/s have a happy, forever life together. The conditions of adoption that ARCBCR requires are based on our experience and desire to ensure that each and every one of our dogs is placed in a safe, loving, happy, and permanent home. All ARCBCR dogs are being fostered in a family home situation. That translates into a great deal of emotional involvement, time, and energy invested in each of our dogs. They truly are our family members up until the time you apply for adoption, are approved, and the dog is placed in your hands, becoming a loved family member of your own.
If I am approved by ARCBCR for adoption, I promise, and agree to the following conditions:
- To keep my ARCBCR dog(s) in my personal possession and at all times provide proper food, water, shelter, grooming, love, and humane treatment.
- To provide my ARCBCR dog(s) with the proper veterinary care to include regular medical exams, care if he/she becomes sick or injured, to keep current on all vaccinations such as rabies, distemper, parvo, and other vaccinations as recommended by my veterinarian, and to keep current on heartworm preventative.
- To contact ARCBCR immediately if I/we are unable to keep our ARCBCR dog(s) and it becomes necessary to relinquish or otherwise place our ARCBCR dog(s) elsewhere. I/we are personally responsible for returning our ARCBCR dog(s) at our expense to ARCBCR. My/our ARCBCR dog(s) will not be sold to, given to, or adopted to anyone else. My ARCBCR dog(s) will not be transferred to another owner, to any firm, corporation, shelter, another rescue organization, or research facility without prior written permission from at least three (3) active board members of ARCBCR.
- Immediately upon taking possession of my ARCBCR dog(s), I assume full responsibility of the dog(s) actions, and for any damage done by this/these dog(s). I understand that once I sign the adoption contract given to me by ARCBCR and take possession of my ARCBCR dog(s), I release all persons acting on behalf of ARCBCR for any responsibility or liability for any action or damage done by my ARCBCR dog(s).
- To provide my ARCBCR dog(s) with a secure form of identification which will be attached to my dog(s) at all times.
- To allow two (2) ARCBCR representatives together, within 24 hours after notification, to visit my home allowing them to examine my ARCBCR dog/s and his/her living conditions, and to surrender my ARCBCR dog(s) if both ARCBCR representatives find conditions to be unsafe or unsatisfactory.
- To obey and follow all animal control regulations governing the area where I live. To license my ARCBCR dog(s) according to regulations within my area.
- To ensure that my ARCBCR dog(s) is/are in a safe environment at all times and never allowed to run free outside without adult supervision.
ATLANTIC REGION CENTRAL BORDER COLLIE RESCUE DISCLAIMER
I understand unequivocally that Atlantic Region Central Border Collie Rescue can not, will not, and does not make any representations or guarantees, either expressed or implied, concerning the health, habits, temperament, background, or age of any dog I adopt from them. I understand unequivocally that Atlantic Region Central Border Collie Rescue can not, will not, and does not make any representations or guarantees, regarding future reactions by my ARCBCR dog/s to me, my family, my other pets, other persons, or property because I fully understand that animals are completely unpredictable. As a result, I hereby release Atlantic Region Central Border Collie Rescue and or anyone representing Atlantic Region Central Border Collie Rescue from any claims of injury or damage, which my ARCBCR dog/s may cause to me or anyone else. I further agree to hold harmless Atlantic Region Central Border Collie Rescue from any and all claims of liability to other persons for injuries or damage caused them by my ARCBCR dog/s while he/she is in my care, possession, and custody. I have chosen my ARCBCR dog/s upon my own observation of the actions and temperament, and have selected my ARCBCR dog/s based solely upon my own judgment.